8.27.2005

The People Upstairs


I live in a pretty quiet neigborhood here in Pittsburgh, and have never had any problems with the people in my building, but in past month a new couple moved in right above me, and since then I have had my own soap opera to listen to. Its summer time and if you don't have A/C you leave your windows open, so of course you can hear everything that is going on in other aparments. Well I have heard some of the most horrible fight you ever want to hear, and sure the residents have too, but we all mind our buisness and don't get involved. The problem with this is that there are children up there in the middle of all this fighting, and they are definitely taking some abuse up there. Just by being exposed to that shit is abuse, but the other day I heard the baby crying, and when i say baby i mean this kid is no older than 2 years old, well after about 15 minutes of crying I could hear the mother bellow to the child "Shut the F%$# up"!!! Now come on lady, I think there is a better way to deal with your child then that. This is a situation I think I cannot ignore. If you and your man wanna tear each other to bits fine but I doubt the kids want that happening to them. I course don't want to confront them but I am going to continue to listen, and when i hear that kid being hit or anything like I will call FIVE-0 and hopefully they will do something to help these kids. Some people just don't get it, if you can't take care of kids, then don't have them, if you can't treat them right , don't have them. If the kids weren't there this would be great entertainment :)

No comments: